Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Surprise Visit....I HOPE!!

I have really great news! My brother is coming for a visit soon! He doesn’t know it yet, but if I had my way, he would take a long weekend and make his way to Houston for a long weekend with his beloved, Brandy. I am sending positive thoughts to his brain waves to tell him that his sister, her beloved and his niece and nephew would love if Uncle Josh came to see us!
I am thrilled at the thought and will have to talk to him more about it when we catch up again on Saturday afternoon. :) In the hopes that he and Brandy are “Keeping Up With The Kenningtons” he may have the opportunity to think on that very thing…. NO PRESSURE!! :) As many of you know, my brother lives in Phoenix, Az. where the rest of my family resides. When people ask me where I am from, I always say Phoenix, when in reality it is only where I was born and lived for the first few years of my life. We did end up moving to East Texas for a short while and back to Arizona before settling back east in Ohio. I spent the majority of my middle school days and graduated high school in Toledo at E.L. Bowsher High School. After graduation, I moved back to Phoenix for a short 3 months before I joined the Navy.

That is it in a nutshell and most of you know the rest of how the story goes. Anyways..back to my original thought, I got to talk with Josh (my brother) for a few minutes last night and always have a warm fuzzy when I do.. over the years we have been able to develop an amazing relationship and I am so proud of him and so proud to call his beloved, Brandy, my sister. The miles have grown us apart in some ways, but I still am so blessed to have a connection with him. He will always be my “bubby” One of the main reasons that I created this blog was not only to write daily, but to keep my over the miles long distance family members in the loop…I have always been a traveler and just up until the last year or so did I come to the realization that settling down somewhere is a good thing.. it is good for the kids to be surrounded by a structure that they can trust and to become a part of a school and church family they will remember forever. Of course, as everyone knows… the plan is not ours.. it is God’s and who knows what HE has in store for us..

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5)

We cannot wait to have you here at our house Josh & Bea!! Call me when you have bought your plane tickets, I will get your bed ready!!!

xoxooxox

No comments: