Sunday, July 19, 2009

Peaceful Weekend

A peaceful weekend is priceless at the Kennington household.. Usually we are always on the go.. something to always fix, clean, remodel, an errand to run, a car to wash, a dog to groom, and well you get the idea.. this weekend however started off with date night! A night at the movies with Josh, just what I needed to complete an almost perfect Friday.

We decided on the Proposal. Yahoo movies only gave it a C+ in their reviews, I on the other hand, intend to buy it when it is released for sale.

Another great thing that happened in conjunction with date night was the fact that we found a neighborhood babysitter.. those of who who follow me on twitter, know how excited I was about that because I was tweeting like crazy when she was discovered.. a friend of a friend referred her and she was a perfect fit.. Ella didn't even realize we were gone until 10 minutes before we got home, which was a positive thing for us!! We will get to do date night more often. Caleb was still in San Antonio at grandma's house so he didn't get the pleasure of being home without parents and under new supervision (which means fruit snacks and oreos right before bed) but rest assured he will next time!!

Saturday was quiet for me as well.. Ella and I took a 4 hour nap together, I finished the 3rd book of the Twilight series I have been watching.. did a few minor must do's like laundry and baked a dozen chocolate chip cookies.. :) I also went to an estate sale, that had only one find, not for me, but for Ella... a last minute purchase at the door.. a teddy bear.. not sure why she had to have it because we all know she doesn't have enough of them :)

I slept well all weekend, as a matter of fact until after 8:00! Sunday when we got up and did normal Sunday morning stuff, I made banana bread, which we have enjoyed all day long.. The recipe is to die for and is one that I picked up through my travels from an old friend Christina who was our next door neighbor in Connecticut. I thought it would be nice to include the recipe here!

Best Banana Bread Recipe

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease bottom of loaf pan
Mix: 2 Cups of flour
1 Tsp of baking soda
1/2 Tsp of salt
3-4 ripe bananas (finally an excuse for your black bananas) :)
1/2 Cup oil
1 Cup sugar
1 Egg
A handful or two of walnuts or pecans

After putting the batter in the loaf pan, sprinkle with brown sugar and regular sugar

Bake for 50-60 minutes

Enjoy warm with butter!

I am so excited to have my Caleb back today, I have missed him, but I know he was completely spoiled and loved on in San Antonio.. first at Grandma's house and then at Granny's in Luling for his cousins birthday party!

I hope ya'll have a perfect week..

xoxoxo

No comments: