Monday, July 27, 2009

Thoughtful Process

Well, it is Monday and our weekend was jam packed with a little bit of everything. Before I get started on playing catch up with my public diary, I thought that I would say I have a prayer request for our family.

One that is more private to me and once again I fall back on a couple of scriptures,

Matthew 18:19-20 “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” O, I know that the effectual fervent prayer of just one righteous person availeth much. (James 5:6)

Josh and I desire a church family. As you know, we have done some "church shopping".. In a way I am a little embarrassed to call it that, but I have had a hard time finding one that Josh and I both feel completely comfortable in. Josh grew up traditional Church of Christ, and I Pentecostal/Full Gospel/Non-Denominational. There are some pretty obvious differences in our early upbringing with regards to church..but that is not a factor really in what we are really looking for today. Josh and I have grown spiritually together and seek a friendly-God and Spirit filled place that will allow us to congregate together with friends to worship.. ( I really hope this doesn't sound like a personal ad :) ) We did find a place called Riverpointe, that we loved and attended, but it was very hard to get involved because the church was so big. I know I am probably making excuses, but we did try on a few occasions to become part of the small group sessions and some after hours activities, but we got lost in the crowd.. it didn't seem like a real way to make a connection...and we were discouraged and never returned.. every weekend it was something else, whether we were out of town, in the middle of a project or just tired..

We have gone to others since..in saying that, I am excited about a church here in Sugar Land called Bridge Fellowship, and I plan to visit this Sunday..I know that this doesn't have to be such a process, but like anything else in our lives, I feel like it needs to feel right.. so if you would keep us in your prayers..Of course, if Oak Hills would go ahead and make a branch here in Houston, that would be even better!! :)

xoxox

1 comment:

Chanti, Adrian and Julian said...

I will keep you guys in my prayers as always. Love ya!