Thursday, September 17, 2009

There for by the grace of God, there go I

I sat down tonight and thought to myself what is grace? I have heard the expression, throughout my life and always came up with my own assumption of what grace was...

"There before the grace of God, there go I", a proverbial saying that originated from a philosopher?


So naturally, I logged into Bible Gateway and searched scriptures on grace, since I don't know the passages by heart, and found one fitting for just how I feel. I want the opportunity to develop a relationship with people in general without first having an expectation of how I think they should think feel or act. This is a character that God has allowed us to develop over time in "his" time on our own or with the help of our parents, guardians, role models, mentors.. ect.. I certainly want someone to give me the same right...


Let no foul or polluting language, nor evil word nor unwholesome or worthless talk [ever] come out of your mouth, but only such [speech] as is good and beneficial to the spiritual progress of others, as is fitting to the need and the occasion, that it may be a blessing and give grace (God's favor) to those who hear it. Ephesians 4: 29

I can say that I will do my best to allow others to show me their attributes and character in their own time and I will show grace and mercy and not allow my heart to be hardened by things that are out of my control.

Sometimes when I post an entry it is random thoughts that free my mind or the worrying process that can consume me through the night. I enjoy *love*(as Dani would say) inspired to write and am proud to have the love and support I have around me fulfilling my heart every day.

Thank you God.

xoxox

2 comments:

Nicki said...

I am so glad that you have kept up with this blog. You are a great writer, and I love reading about what you're thinking about and what's going on with your precious family. :) Have a GREAT weekend!!!

Fit Dani said...

i *love* shelly. and i *love* that bible verse. you go girl.