Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sweet Memory

Dear Best Friend,

I had a great day today and I wanted you to know how much I love and appreciate you. A moment in time stands out in my mind tonight...when our surroundings were so foreign. Do you remember the sound of men chanting sales in Euro in the street and children playing kickball in the alley and how that was common place? How about the baker's grill next door was always hot, the market was a Saturday routine, my clothesline was always full and filling the bombolas was always a necessary chore. Sunday was lunch with Grace and Giuseppe all the while playing charades until we learned to speak "Kindergarten style" Our nightly walks down the way through volcano ash and walls were a historical masterpiece and the idea that we called Sicily home for 3 years is priceless. I came across this photo and remember the evening it was taken in Taormina.

Josh, I will treasure that piece of our history and always be brought back to the "old world style" because of it.

xoxoxo

No comments: