Monday, November 30, 2009

Journaling My Thoughts Tonight

I found my Monday mojo at some point mid-day when I looked up and saw the clock ticked to 41 minutes past noon. It was like I blinked and half the day was over. What an incredible Monday that ended up being when this morning I rolled over, hit the snooze and didn't wake up until 20 minutes before I usually leave the house to take the kids to school. Yes, that is correct, no one was awake, not even the cat which is a rarity as you remember some of my previous posts about the domino effect of morning wake ups in the Kennington household..

So, I popped up and thought, my gosh, it is 7:00! Anyways, long story short, it was normal routine and I was only late to work by 6 minutes, which really translates into getting coffee on the way in and tied up on a morning chat with my friend Angela while sitting in my van in the parking lot. I wasn't really tardy, just woke up late after a LOOOONNNGGG relaxing vacation.

I also found my to-do list dwindled quite a bit since I rushed to complete everything before the Thanksgiving holiday. Hooray for not procrastinating for once! :) I had a treasured talk with one of my BFF's tonight and it was God's way of letting me know that I am not alone. There are so many times, and, BFF, ( you know who you are when you read this, you had no idea that I needed to hear what you had to say. The good Lord always has a way of showing up at just the right times. The holidays are a time for thankfulness and for rejoicing in God's never ending grace. Showing grace is sometimes so dang hard to do when you create a box around your soul and you think that there is no other way. I saw a perfect billboard that simply says, "God Listens" And, it is true, if you are struggling some way and as minimal as you may think it sounds, it is relevant to God and he listens.

I believe that his grace covers me everyday and when I can't shut it down in my mind, I give it to him, because his yoke is easy and his burden is light.. it says so.. right there in the Bible.. :) I love my long distance friends because they give me a sense of caring.. when it's not a hassle to call even just to vent or talk crafty.. I am thankful for those 5 minute moments..

It is the thought that counts.. Count your blessings this season and bless someone else with the gift of love and grace.

God did.

xoxoo

No comments: