Monday, February 15, 2010

My Valentine's Day Post

Boy,21, meets girl, 18...
Girl falls in love...
Undoubtedly the most romantic man she had ever met. I mean, he had to be! Shiny boots, shining blue eyes and that grin..that not just a "mama could love." I was head over heels the very first time that I saw him.. Who wouldn't be right?
I was laughing with him here, not at him. We had just gotten caught playing in the paint. We were tasked with painting the two restrooms at the command post we were stationed at together. As you can see by my hat, he had the last laugh. :)

Some of my readers know how the rest of the story goes..This was 1998..We dated here for 1 year, became engaged, dated long distance for a year and ran off to Vegas to tie the long awaited knot. From day one, we were meant to be Mr. and Mrs. Kennington.
However, I still have a few pics from memory lane..





Let's fast forward now that you have seen a few of our most memorable years together. Lots of love has surrounded us throughout our lives. Not every second was easy, and I am not going to lie, it was difficult at times as life changes took us from fancy free to being married-to traveling through our military careers and adjusting to change-to a new phase of parenthood with newborns and now with toddlers. It is amazing though that my love today for Josh and our precious children as we grow together is immeasurable and I am so thankful that God has given me one more day....


In closing, it has been 12 Valentine's days since I got the pleasure of spending it with my love. What an incredible journey..I wouldn't take a cent of it back if I was offered the chance. I am happy and I am still so in love with him.
I want to share a quote that I found on a picture frame ... long story short.. I bought the picture frame and display it to remind myself:
"Never get so busy making a living, that you forget to make a life"
IT'S A GREAT DAY TO BE ALIVE!
xoxo

No comments: