Friday, February 19, 2010

Weekend Getaway

Well, I began this post last night and instead of revising, I created a continuation of thought...So, the work week is complete and I am happy to say that I am actually prepared for Monday morning! I left the office tonight in pursuit of a couple 3 foot tall crumbsnatchers who might enjoy watching Fivel Goes West with me and won't mind if I fast forward to all the singing parts.. :) Especially the part where they sing, "Therrrreee are nooooo cats in AMERICA and the streets are paved with cheeeessssssssssseeeeeeeeee", yes you know good and well what part I am referring to!

Anyways.. that was not the original plan. Our family was going to try and get together in Houston for a "manbirthday" party with our favorite guests of honor, "Old" Papa K., Uncle Tim and Josh as they all have birthdays right around each other. Except today our precious KK got a virus. We had to cancel. :( Bummer. Fast forward..Today is Saturday and now after re-thinking what my original thoughts were, I found myself staring at the posted pics of Josh and I in two great places. One full of sunshine and love and the other full of, well full of history.. Having the opportunity to sit on the wall of the Trevi Fountain in Rome was absolutely amazing! I wish we were there.. at least in thought we are as we look around and find a few memorabilia in our home that quickly reminds us of our "Italian Adventure"......

Instead, I crawled out of bed after almost 12 hours of sleep! Yes, you read that correctly, it was NOT a typo.. I went to bed at 8 last night and got up at 8 this morning. In addition, I took a 3 hour nap this afternoon while Josh was watching the Band of Brothers. I needed the sleep. I should be doing more of this....but opted for this instead.. Ella has such a soothing voice. As you can see, she was reading bible stories to her dollies and bears.. and although you cannot see, me too! When she gets restless, I ask her to go get some books and read to me.. she mostly tells me what the pictures look like and asks me if I need blankies or water..precious angel...

As my wrap up tonight, I look forward to another day of getting my to-do list done. Although it seemed like the only thing I accomplished was sleep, that was actually #1 and if you know me, you know that I don't usually have time to sleep. I am hoping that this next week goes smoothly. I will be working all the way up to Wednesday night and drive myself and the kids to SA for an early Thursday flight North where weather.com tells me will be a high of 26. YIKES!! Today was 68 and I was in heaven! :) One of my BFF's is getting married and I am so excited to be a part of it! (wedding festivities)
That's all folks! Onward and Upward to serve my sweet Jesus, my sweet family, the world we live in.
xoxxooxo








No comments: