Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Family

Family...

It is the comfort of your life..it is the distraction that keeps your mind wandering and not always convenient. It is forgiveness, trust, understanding, sympathy, honesty, kindness, unconditional love, hugs anytime, shoulders to cry on, where we can always pop in for dinner, or just drop by to say hi without another motive or need. Family is all of this and soo much more....

Family time is important and lately I have thought alot about how my children might view me as their mother. What will they say about daddy? What do I do that is the exact same as my momma and what have I changed? Will I impact my children the way that I aspire to every single day?

Questions..that provoke choices for me and I know my rights here.. and I choose to inspire...my family is so important to me and I never want my children to go to bed and cry themselves to sleep at night because they feel alone, or feeling frustrated because they have no one to talk to. I want my children to know that I will stand by them, with them, hand in hand no matter what the circumstance and they will never wonder what mom thinks..they will know they can just ask.

My thought tonight is: Never get too busy making a living that you forget to make a life. Just sayin'.

xoxo Shell

No comments: