Friday, August 31, 2012

The First Week of School

How about that? A whole week of school flew on by. Every morning has been a series of alarm clocks, animal noises, and little feet as the house has been coming to life promptly at 6:30 a.m...well not so promptly on Friday morning since we woke up to a rain storm...Who doesn't love sleeping to the sound of rain? My point.

But, yes a successful and productive week for all of us. This week was also a reminder of how much my kids are changing, growing, and becoming more independent. Who has a manual for these types of things? Clearly one summer has made a pretty big difference in the kick off of 2nd grade for Caleb. He is a very energetic creative little man and he has had the most fun developing his sense of humor. His conversation has turned into mature and almost adult like and that makes me anxious. I know it will be only a matter of time before the boy is driving himself to school and not on his Rock-n-Roll racer bicycle either..sweet boy..

Ella Grace, now that little girl is quite a character and with her personality she doesn't have any issues making new friends and being a social butterfly. I had a meeting with her new teacher and although she is repeating Pre-K this year, I have confidence in knowing that she will also be begging to be challenged. Since Caleb was reading chapter books in 1st grade fluently, she has wanted to catch up. She informed me that she will be reading when she is five.. Cheers to them for wanting to read! That is a challenge all in itself!

The other thing that I see Caleb really focusing on this year so far is music. He is really enjoying his time in music class and has probably talked more about that than any other subject.

In any case we are off to a great start and I am grateful that my children have the ability to learn new things and that I can be there for them when they return back to me at the end of a day.

No comments: