Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sweet Discover U

Well it is a great day to be alive isn't it!! The theme of life! *HUGE SMILES HERE* I am dedicating my post tonight to my sweet sister in law. For those of you who don't know, her name is Christen and I am so incredibly proud of her. She conquered DU Leadership this weekend. And when I say conquered, I don't mean that she passed some kind of secret test, she conquered that mountain of fear that holds so many of us back on a daily basis. I saw this woman shine through and through. Her heart is treasured and her face is glowing!

There are so many things that I could say here about the grace of God, love, life, family, and the list goes on. But, tonight..tonight, I will stop and just say "thank you"

One of the many things that we learn in DU is to thank those that impact our lives. Some will impact us and at a given moment, we may not realize the beauty of what they are "teaching" us because we are so consumed with ourselves. It is a tough realization to come by when you are totally not expecting someone to bring it to your attention. But, that is life.. and the GREAT NEWS is you have the power of choice to create what YOU want, when YOU want, because ...well that's really it, just because..

I have the pleasure of seeing the lives of strangers changed dramatically every day through the realization that this one concept is not a concept but a tool that EVERYONE possesses.. If you think about it, Choices are everywhere and every other second we are faced with them.. our thinking, our speaking, our acting, our emotions, our "situations", our past, our present.. holy moly, it's like a choice buffet out there!! And most of the time, we choose to exist.. but existing is so not fun and LIVING IS SO MUCH better!! We can all agree here that I am a God-centered woman, who puts God at the center of my life and it took me a long time to really figure out that whole choice matter I was just mentioning..

But, once you have it, you have it and it is so POWERFUL!

Anyways.. I meant to dedicate this post to Christen (thank you) and became charged about my power of being able to choose and wanted to express it here tonight! :) I hope that everyone has an incredible week.

xoxoxo

No comments: