Thursday, May 13, 2010

Caleb

I crossed the threshold of momdom once again today as I explained to Caleb that he will be having a party in San Antonio to celebrate his graduation from Pre-K, complete with his miniture cap and gown from La Petite Academy since he will be in VBS that week and will not be in Sugar Land.

The thing is, Caleb is at an age now..who are we kidding..he was ready at 2 to be reasoned with and has a very vivid imagination and really understands the concepts of the who, what, when, where, and whys of life. (at least to the extent of a 5 1/2 year old)..anyways..I always knew there would be a time in his life where he would find out that Mc Donalds is not ALWAYS closed, the bears in the toy store do love to be held and they are not always sleeping, and there is no such thing as a "gum tree" that grows rapidly in your stomach if you swallow a piece of double bubble.

However, I am confident that if we "mix" up the norm, he will get used to being spontaneously different and unique (like me :))

So..in saying that I am thrilled that the kids will be at Grandmas house for a week in June! It is the small breaks that make it all worth bearing! :) We have a good life and I am so greatful, if you know me, I hope you see that about me..if you don't know me or you don't see that, I challenge you to confront me.

I hope that everyone has a fantastic weekend! xoxoxo

No comments: